Beat Me in an Argument

Try it. You can't.

Monday, October 23, 2006

Gambling

I put a dollar into a slot machine and get five dollars back. I am lucky. I take that five dollars and put it on the number 11 on the roulette table and the ball lands on the number 12. I am unlucky. I take the ball from the roulette table and throw it into the left eye of the large, perspiring gentleman who put $50 on number 12, thereby winning $1,800. The large, perspiring, half-blind gentleman cries out in pain and thrashes his arms, knocking a pile of chips over, one of which lands at my feet. It's a $100 chip. Amazingly, at the moment I throw the ball into the eye of the perspiring gentleman, a fracas erupts nearby, something to do with a person of Middle Eastern origin tripping over a discarded coin cup and screaming something that sounds like a terrorist threat. The Middle Eastern-origin person suffers permanent injuries when a guard puts his knee into his back. The large, perspiring gentleman loses an eye. I pick up the $100 chip and walk away. I am lucky, but am I a moral being?

What say you?

2 Comments:

At 4:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That depends. Did Carmen Electra see you do it?

 
At 7:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It depends. Did you get the guy making the (presumably) terroristic threats? Because if something happens to me because your greedy ass went for the chip instead of the FBI, I'm going to haunt you for the rest of your miserable, comfortable life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home